Search for a Red Car and a Party on Cielo Drive

Discussion in 'Articles from August 9th - 13th, 1969' started by catscradle77, Nov 13, 2010.

1. catscradle77 Administrator

Thanks to Simon Wells for this.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    1 people like this.
  2. Bottledbrunette09 Well-Known Member

In HS, it said that Sharon was wearing a floral bra and panties but in the the article, it says she was wearing a polka dot bikini! :laff: I absolutely love to read all the conflicting articles written in the aftermath of the murders. I guess this is the start of the media not double or triple checking their facts before they sent it out for printing. :no:
  3. simonwells61 Active Member

Being a Brit newspaper, I imagine they were taking it all off the wires and phones. How different it all is today.
  4. Franksta Member

WG looked young back then but now he looks like a child. I remember seeing the footage of him being taken in that day and due to him being shirtless and obviously high as a kite he seemed like someone who was too innocent looking to have done it but maybe he did because he freaked out. Hard to explain but that was how we looked at it back then at my house.
  5. Virgo1969 Active Member

I didn't read the whole artical. However, Sharon's car was at the shop getting fixed.
  6. Cooltide Well-Known Member

Sharons "sexy little me "quoted again, where did that originate from?
  7. Jean Harlow Special Friends

It's from an interview she gave to a magazine - I think Look magazine . I think I have the article - she was being sarcastic or the like. Anyhow I will look to see if I have the article and will get it posted.
  8. Zarathustra Member

9. Jean Harlow Special Friends

I don't know what Sharon's Ferrari was but I think Roman gave it to Sharon's father after she passed away.
  10. Zarathustra Member

1968 Ferrari 275 GTB Berlinetta

[IMG]
    cherri and ayden2000 like this.
  11. Zarathustra Member

I will look into Ferrari specific forums and see what I can find...
  12. Cooltide Well-Known Member

wow, nice car Z
  13. Jean Harlow Special Friends

14. freebird Donating Members

SWEET RIDE

FB
  15. celticcross Active Member

Interesting article, Cats. Thanks. There are a couple of things which I found interesting. One is the fact that Sharon called 6 people to invite them to Cielo that night. We have 2 of them, Michael Sarne and his wife. Who were the other 4?

The other interesting thing is the number of red Ferraris running around here. We have Dennis Wilson's red Ferrari which according to "Six Degrees of Helter Skelter" belonged to Sam Cooke at the time of his death. We have Dennis Wilson's business manager, Robert Levine, driving a red Ferrari according to CM in the Murphy Interview. At one point in that interview CM asks Murphy "Did they tell you about the red Ferrari?" Murphy ignores the question but it seems to indicate that there might have been a connection. Could all these red Ferraris have been the same car?
  16. Zarathustra Member

Roman Polanski's was a 275 GTB, Sharon drove it until the murders.

Dennis Wilson´s was a 250 GT Lusso, previously owned by Sam Cooke

you can scroll down this link and see a period little pic of the alleged Wilson´s Lusso
    http://www.break-a-way.de/pages/ringers/story.htm

another link here to what it seems to be the present condition of former Wilson´s 250 Lusso
    http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z11104/Ferrari-250-GT-Lusso.aspx

[IMG]
    Interesting link to a Ferrari forum talking about our celebrities Ferraris
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/251280/252523.html
  17. Jean Harlow Special Friends

I think that must be an error of some kind (maybe) because Sharon went to a screening with Michael Sarne on August 7th. Maybe that caused the confusion?
  18. celticcross Active Member

Thanks Zarathustra. Good research. Wasn't there a huge party at Cielo earlier that week? MaybeTuesday or Wednesday. Sarne was a director. Yeah?
  19. Jean Harlow Special Friends

yes, Michael Sarne is a director. He made the famous (eyes roll) Myra Brekinridge with Mae West and Raquel Welch.
  20. shelley Guest

Oh I don't know, if you look at what the News Of The World were getting up to lol